How do I care for my leather goods?
By following these simple care instructions, you can help your leather goods stay looking their best for years to come.
- Protect from moisture: Leather goods should be protected from moisture, which can cause the leather to warp, shrink or become discolored. If your leather goods get wet, blot them with a dry cloth and let them air dry away from heat sources.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Direct sunlight can cause leather goods to fade and become dry and brittle. Store your leather goods in a cool, dry place away from sunlight or other sources of heat.
- Clean gently: When cleaning leather goods, use a gentle cleaner that is specifically formulated for leather. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that can scratch or damage the leather.
- Condition regularly: Leather goods should be conditioned regularly to keep the leather soft and supple. Use a leather conditioner that is appropriate for the type of leather your goods are made of, and follow the instructions on the product.
- Store properly: When not in use, leather goods should be stored properly to maintain their shape and prevent damage. Stuff bags with tissue paper to help them maintain their shape, and store leather goods in a dust bag or cover to protect them from dust and dirt.
What happens if my leather becomes dry?
When leather become dry, it is important to take steps to restore the moisture and flexibility to the leather to prevent cracking or other damage. Here are some tips for caring for dry leather bags:
- Clean the bag: Before moisturizing the leather, it's important to clean the bag to remove any dirt or debris that may be on the surface. Use a gentle leather cleaner that is formulated for use on bags and follow the instructions carefully.
- Apply a leather conditioner: Once the bag is clean, apply a leather conditioner to restore the moisture to the leather. Choose a conditioner that is designed for use on bags and follow the instructions on the product. Apply the conditioner to a small area of the bag first to make sure it doesn't cause any discoloration or damage to the leather.
- Allow the conditioner to soak in: After applying the conditioner, let it soak into the leather for several hours or overnight. This will allow the leather to absorb the moisture and become more supple.
- Buff the leather: After the conditioner has soaked in, use a soft, dry cloth to buff the leather and remove any excess conditioner. This will help to restore the shine and smoothness to the leather.
- Store the bag properly: To prevent the leather from becoming dry in the future, it's important to store the bag properly. Avoid storing the bag in direct sunlight or near sources of heat, and keep it in a cool, dry place. If you won't be using the bag for an extended period of time, consider stuffing it with tissue paper to help maintain its shape.
What are some leather products I can use to clean?
When it comes to cleaning leather bags, it's important to choose a product that is specifically formulated for use on leather bags and that will not cause any damage or discoloration. Here are some popular leather cleaning products for leather bags:
- Leather Bag Care Set by Collonil
- Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for Bags by Furniture Clinic
- Leather Care Kit for Bags by Valentino Garemi
- Leather Care Kit for Bags by Tarrago
In the USA:
- Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for Bags by Leather Nova
- Leather Milk Cleaner and Conditioner for Bags by Chamberlain's Leather Milk
- Leather Care Kit for Bags by Cadillac
- Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for Bags by Leather CPR
- Leather Care Kit for Bags by Bickmore
Again, it's important to read the instructions on each product and to test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the bag before using it to clean the entire bag. It's also important to take into consideration the type of leather your bag is made of, as some products may work better on certain types of leather than others.
How do I care for my clothing?
We want to ensure that your clothing stays looking its best for as long as possible. To help you care for your garments, here are some important instructions to keep in mind:
- Gentle handwash 30°: When washing your clothes, it's important to be gentle with them to avoid damage to the fabric. We recommend handwashing your garments in cold water (30°) with a gentle detergent.
- Do not tumble dry: Avoid using a tumble dryer to dry your clothing, as this can cause shrinkage and damage to the fabric. Instead, lay your clothes flat to air dry in the shade.
- Keep away from humidity and direct sunlight: Moisture and sunlight can cause damage to the fabric and fade colors. Keep your clothes in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to maintain their quality.
- Do not bleach: Bleaching agents can damage and weaken the fibers of your clothes, so it's important to avoid using bleach when washing your garments.
- Warm iron inside out: If your clothes require ironing, we recommend using a warm iron that's not too hot and ironing them inside out to prevent damage to the texture of the fabric.
If you have any questions about caring for your garments, please don't hesitate to contact us for more information.